It’s a well-known fact that commercial real estate is a relationship business, and your success as an investor will depend directly on how wide and deep your professional network is.
How can you expect to find great opportunities and source high-quality deal flow when no one in your network has access to these kinds of deals? And how are you going to relate to sophisticated investors if you can’t speak their language?
In this episode of The Commercial Investor Podcast, Sal and associate Riley talk about networking in commercial real estate and how to build a bursting network of sophisticated investors without having to wade through all the phonies. Finding irresistible investment opportunities is easy, so long as you know the right people to source them from.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why you should focus on quality — not quantity — when building your professional network.
- The steps every investor must take when networking at conferences to establish credibility and leave a lasting impression on their contacts.
- How frequently you should do a “network audit” to ensure that the quality of your professional network is where you want it to be.
- The trick to viewing an investment opportunity dispassionately and coming out on top every time (ask yourself: Would you invest your life savings in this deal?).
- Why it pays to treat your professional network like an asset.
LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THIS EPISODE:
CQSI July 2017: Get your Super Early Bird tickets now!
The Investors Syndicate: Be a part of the conversation
The Commercial Investor Facebook Page
Leave The Commercial Investor Podcast a 5-star review on iTunes!