We LOVE talking about the benefits of finding and funding commercial deals, and you know (as well as we do) that we LOVE bragging about our students’ success stories.
Recently we had a great opportunity to do both—and we took it, in a live special on our The Commercial Investor Facebook page. You’re going to hear Baird Hawkin’s tell his own account of how he earned a $150,000 payday in a commercial real estate deal with no money down.
For background, know that Baird wanted to do this deal, but wasn’t entirely sure how to go about structuring a commercial deal; he went to a few different sources to figure it out, including myself and TCI COO, AJ Palmgren.
Now, he’s going to tell you how he sourced the deal, who he invested with, and why he didn’t listen to the people who told him this deal wasn’t worth his time.
What’s more: you’ll see from a seasoned investor’s perspective why commercial investments really are worth it. The stakes are much higher, as are the paydays (Baird can attest to this).
Watch now to see how the small skills you’re learning today will help you source and fund enormously profitable commercial deals — just like investor Baird Hawkins was able to do just this last month.
Even more important, make sure you’re following us on Facebook so you never miss a live broadcast again:
Feeling inspired yet?
Like I said, the small skills you’re learning today will help you source and fund enormously profitable commercial deals.
Let’s talk big takeaways:
– Why Baird went directly into commercial: he didn’t want to deal with the endless tenant complaints, maintenance, rehabilitation, etc. that come along with property management (in other words, he felt the right thing to do was “get the hell out of management”)
– Important: you want learn how to take these assets down WITHOUT using a bank.
– Baird and AJ did not go to “The Church of Residential”; it takes a lot less work to get a commercial deal done than it does a residential deal, as the residential market is very competitive and crowded, and people are more difficult to deal with.
– Most important takeaway: Baird partnered with a national developer for this deal (note: we aren’t developers — we’re dealmakers; you wanna leverage other people’s experience to improve who you are within the realm of commercial real estate).
– Utilize: leverage, gamesmanship, and power of persuasion.
– Less than 7 days after deal had been done in principle: $1 MM in the bank.
– Baird now has what we call the “real estate grand slam,” where you pull out all the equity you create, get a cheap non-recourse loan from the government, and just keep milking the cash into infinitum.
– Baird now has enough passive income from this deal that he could actually just retire here and now; also, Baird has no hard case of his own in this deal.
– He sourced a local developer with a national reputation, and found him through local networking. Do what you know, and work alongside people you can rely on!
(NOTE: Want access to my business vault? Right now I’m offering access to my systems, strategies, templates, trainings, and recordings. It’s all included in The Investor’s Syndicate, and is available to you here.)