As it turns out, capital raising really isn’t that hard.
No, that isn’t a joke. If you’ve ever worked in sales, you know that selling someone on a product is as easy as A+B+C: get the process down and you’re golden. According to Ken Davenport, capital raising is exactly the same. Learn the steps and you’ll know how to succeed with flying colors… every single time.
So what are the steps for persuading someone to invest their capital with you? Well, Ken has a few pointers he’s learned during his distinguished career as a Broadway producer and capital raiser. If you have questions about any aspect of capital raising — approaching investors, asking the right questions, building meaningful connections with leads and clients — Ken has answers.
Tune in now to learn how Ken’s experience as a Broadway capital raiser can accelerate your success in venture capital, real estate, or just about any industry you’re looking to raise money in.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why the best capital raisers in the world are also the best salespeople (hint: this is no coincidence!)
- Getting “the ask” down: knowing what to say to your investors first to ensure that your follow-up questions automatically get you funded
- The best times to reach out to investors… and why it pays to always keep your leads warm
- How to get people to invest in YOU, rather than just your products, projects, personal ventures, or ideas
- The best way to build trust with your investors (really… doing this one thing will go MILES where your investors are concerned)
LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THIS EPISODE:
Get your FREE copy of Sal’s book now at www.MakingTheYield.com!
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
The Commercial Investor Facebook page
Leave The Commercial Investor Podcast a 5-star review on iTunes!