Too many commercial investors believe that if they raise capital for their deals, they’ll automatically be profitable. It’s a nice idea but, in reality, it’s not the least bit true. Raising capital and providing returns on that capital aren’t the same thing.
Sorry, wishful investors.
So what does work? Rock solid fund structures—THIS is the foundation of raising capital. You can’t successfully raise capital and maximize your profits if you don’t understand the different types of fund structures.
That’s exactly what Sal and AJ are unpacking in part one of this multi-part mini series about capital raising. So whether you want to start your own fund or are just looking for creative ways to get your deals up and running, this episode’s for you.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The seven most commonly fund structures in commercial real estate, and how to use them to your advantage
- The motivations for starting a fund—why you just might want to consider getting in on the action
- Why real estate is inefficient—and why that’s a really good thing for YOU
- How even the dullest crayon in the box can outsmart the market (so really, you have zero excuses)
- Why your investors are more secured and insured with YOU than with a big bank