If you’re tired of being pitched hotel deals you don’t fully understand, you might want to take a listen here. Named one of Hotel Business Magazine’s top 100 developers, Jonathan Chang of Conor Acquisitions talks about what’s going on in today’s hotel and hospitality industry, and why — even with AirBnB — hotels are here to stay.
He debunks other myths too — like how millennials are opting out of the traditional hotel scene — and identifies the red flags to look for when you’re being pitched questionable hotel deals, so you can learn to make informed investing decisions and avoid getting pinched. Play now to hear Jonathan’s full story of how he got started in this asset class and why he’s stuck with it all these years (who knows, hospitality just might be your next biggest investment opportunity too!).
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Jonathan’s reasons for investing with private capital instead of turning to banks and institutions when he first got started.
- Where to source meaningful deal flow from when it comes to hotels and other commercial real estate asset classes.
- What’s happening with AirBnB and how the hospitality industry is going to change over the next 10-20 years as a result.
- The little-known complexities of today’s hotel and hospitality business.
- Red flags to look for when being pitched a hotel deal by someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about.