The next few months are going to be epic on the commercial investing front.
No doubt, you’re going to see people running red lights to get to closing. Why? Because we’re at the very top of the market. This, really, is as good as it gets. And with President-elect Trump ready to take office in January, investors are sitting on their hands waiting to see what the not-too-distant future holds.
But, if Sal and AJ could call it right now, they’re calling it in favor of all those investors who are hungry and on the hunt—this is going to be their time.
Your job, then, is to start sharpening that axe. If you have an hour to chop down a tree, you’d better spend five making sure your axe is ready for that first swing.
And that’s exactly what this episode dives into—getting your interests and opportunities in order, and understanding the five data points that are critical to every single deal, every single time. You want to be able to assess every deal like a jealous ex-lover, turning over every rock and looking at everything with a total lack of passion. Remember, you’re dealing with people’s life savings, and that’s an enormous responsibility.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why “buy now, deal with it later” is NOT a strategy
- The importance of really digging into every detail of every detail—because, often there’s a lot hiding below the surface
- Why historical financial statements are a window into an asset’s soul—and why that matters more than you may think
- The reasons you don’t want to spend your time and talent on someone who isn’t as smart as you are
- Understanding your most valuable asset—TIME—and how to protect it and enhance its value
- The five data points you need to understand going into every deal—and why you can’t get to the fun stuff (deal structuring) until you’ve checked those boxes